The employee assessment method of hiring is becoming not only more common, but also an extremely influential practice these days. In fact, a recent survey by the American Management Association states that “almost 90 percent of firms that test job applicants say they will not hire job seekers when pre-employment testing finds them to be deficient in basic skills.”
If you are thinking of using employee assessments for your hiring process, you’ll need to remember these important points when it comes to employee assessments.
- Forbes.com affirms that, when searching for a viable employee assessment option, it is important to find one that has validity and reliability.
Forbes defines validity as “whether or not the test measures the specific criterion it is supposed to measure and can predict future job performance or success.” On reliability, Forbes says, “for a test to be reliable, an individual’s score should be about the same every time the individual takes it (allowing for the efforts of practice).”
The next four points come from Entrepreneur.com. They are as follows:
- Determine the type of assessment you need for your hiring process
- Carefully read the assessment descriptions to understand exactly what is being measured—different assessments often have different criterion and scales
- Know what qualities you are looking for in a candidate in order to observe them in the assessment results
- Determine patterns among current staff to use as a comparison for new hires
The employee assessment industry is rapidly increasing its influence on hiring processes. Take advantage of this effective hiring tool today.
Check out the effective employee assessments that can be found on our website today!