Employee engagement, similarly team engagement, is essential to the productive performance of many aspects of the workplace. Research by Gallup identified nine performance metrics that benefit from team engagement:
- Customer ratings
- Turnover rates
- Safety incidents
- Patient safety incidences
On top of all these perks, Gallup also verified that engagement has a higher impact on employee and team well-being than vacation time and flexible hours.
- Encourage visions of personal success—don’t let the team mindset make employees undermine their personal successes.
- Match projects, passions, and proficiency with the right teams.
- Tailor your coaching strategies into more team-oriented methods.
- Encourage creativity and teach team members to encourage creativity from their fellow team members.
Team engagement means effective teamwork. It is vital to promote engagement for the success of the team and workplace overall.