The process of training employees can be tedious and demotivating. However, it absolutely needs to be done. Although the positives vastly outweigh the negatives, it may still take some encouragement to get the ball rolling. Here are several inspirational quotes from business professionals that will encourage the training process.
- “An organization’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.” –Jack Welch, former General Electric CEO
- “It is play that makes people unafraid to fail and confident to try new things. It is play that helps us do serious things better because we enjoy them and feel a sense of joy in our achievements.” –Jake Orlowitz, head of Wikipedia Library, Wikimedia Foundation
- “The only thing worse than training your employees and having them leave is not training them and having them stay.” –Henry Ford, Founder of Ford Motor Company
- “If learners think it looks bad, you may have lost a good percentage of the battle in getting them to pay attention.” –Patti Shank, Director of Research at the eLearning Guild
- “Where my reason, imagination, or interest were not engaged, I would not or could not learn.” –Sir Winston Churchill
- “Information is a source of learning. But unless it is organized, processed, and available to the right people in a format for decision making, it is a burden, not a benefit.” –C. William Pollard, Chairman of Fairwyn Investment Company
- “Learning experiences are like journeys. The journey starts where the learning is now, and ends where the learner is more successful. The end of the journey isn’t knowing more, it’s doing more.” –Julie Dirksen, learning strategy and design consultant
- “Do not mess with intrinsic motivation. Amplify it instead to create delight.” –Jake Orlowitz
- “To me, gamification is finding the way to incent the behaviors that you want your team to have.” –Dave McDermott, Director of Sales Enablement at Kelly Services
- “The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel. And if your employees don’t feel valued, neither will your customers.” –Sybil F. Stershic, marketing and organizational advisor
- “Learning can emerge as spontaneous order at the edge of chaos.” –Sugata Mitra, Professor of Educational Technology at Newcastle University
Having some inspiration never hurt when you are about to take on a daunting and important task such as training employees. These inspirational quotes can help you take on that journey, as well as any other important tasks that may come your way in the workplace.