Your employees may be trained to see to customers and clients, but is your organization prepared to do the same for those employees? Many organizations focus so heavily on customer relations that they forget about employee relations. It is the responsibility of the employee relations manager to look out for the employees’ best interests and assist them with departmental processes that accompany their positions. Here are some other main purposes of employee relations managers to be aware of, as well as tips for effective employee relations management.
Some important roles of employee relations managers include:
- Consulting on new and existing policies
- Create benefits packages
- Act as a union representative
- Negotiate new contracts
Some tips for effective employee relations management include:
- Select employees carefully and quickly build a relationship with them.
- Provide focused, credible communication.
- Make sure changes are equitable and fair.
- Provide recognition for a job well done.
- Make yourself available and approachable to employees.
Taking care of your employees is just as important as taking care of your customers. Don’t forget to implement the employee relations aspect in your organization if you haven’t already.