Employee satisfaction is a necessity for a successful, hard-working team. It is important to make sure employee satisfaction is present in your organization. This can be accomplished in a number of ways. But first, it is wise to look inward—a sort of self-assessment of the engagement in your workforce.
Ask yourself these questions to evaluate the current state of employee satisfaction in your organization.
- Do people believe that you want to hear their ideas and will value them?
- Do your employees understand how their daily work helps accomplish the organization’s goals?
- Do others follow your requests and commands because they want to or because they have to?
- Do others communicate their ideas and visions for the organization when you are present?
- Do you frequently acknowledge and recognize each employee for their contributions?
- Do people believe that you are committed to helping them develop and grow?
- Do people feel a strong sense of community in your organization?
- Do you regularly offer career path guidance to your team?
- Would your employees agree that they never receive any surprises during formal performance reviews?
- Do you help your employees understand how they can better serve the organization?
- Do your employees have the opportunity to do what they do best every day?
- Do your employees’ opinions seem to count?
- Has an employee received recognition and praise for good work in the last 7 days?
- Do you regularly talk to your team about their progress?
- Do you help build confidence in your employees by communicating how their work matters overall?
Employee satisfaction is a non-negotiable factor for team development and success. Better employee satisfaction leads to better employee performance, so be sure it is prevalent in your organization.
Visit our employee engagement page for more tips on improving your team’s performance through engagement and employee satisfaction.